Many of our instructors also offer private dance lessons. If you want to put more into your dance than just our weekly group lessons, you may want to get a private lesson with one of our KSDA instructors. If you’ve never taken a private before, they usually last an hour and are between one instructor and one student. They also can sometimes include a pair of instructors, a pair of students, or both. Prices listed are per hour and may vary if it is a couple taking the lessons instead of an individual. To schedule a private lesson, approach the teacher at a Wednesday dance, ask the door worker, or send an email to [SwingDanceKnoxville at gmail dot com]. If you don’t know who would be best to take a private from, pick the dancer you want to dance like or talk to any of our teachers about what you’d like to work on and they’ll point you in the right direction.
- Kemper: $60 (negotiable) – Balboa, lindy, jazz routines (shim sham, trankey doo, big apple, doin’ the jive, jitterbug stroll, mama’s stew, dean collins shim sham), group privates
- Kamaryn: $15 – Charleston, Lindy, connection (Lead or Follow)
- Aliceann: $50 (negotiable, $35 for students) – Lindy Hop, Balboa, Blues (solo or partnered), Charleston (20s & 30s, solo or partnered), Other vernacular dances (one step, Peabody, Collegiate Shag, Animal dances, Breakaway, Black Bottom, Jig Walks/Kicks), routines (Shim Sham, Tranky Doo, Mama’s Stew, St. Louis Shim Sham, California Routine (partnered), Varsity Drag, Dreaming of You-Singing in the Rain), group privates, groups lessons, wedding lessons
- Jeremy: $20 – Charleston, Lindy Hop, Connection, Floor Craft
- Keith: $20 (negotiable) – Charleston, Lindy, Bal